Return Learn Synchronous and Asynchronous Learning DL
Synchronous learning is any type of learning that takes place in real time where a group of students are engaging in learning simultaneously through live instruction and interaction.
- Most resembles a real classroom
- Learners can ask questions and receive feedback simultaneously
- Allows for collaboration between students
- Teachers can provide immediate feedback, assessment, and make adjustments as needed
Asynchronous learning occurs separately without real-time interaction.
- Directly aligned to live learning and instruction
- Feedback and opportunities for questions come later
- Students can absorb content at their own pace
- Provides opportunities for students to develop questions and reflections on learning
- Allows for more flexibility in scheduling